The basic steps for starting a simple subscription service like Netflix
You can create a basic subscription video on-demand (SVOD) service (like Netflix) in a few easy steps. It's important to note that Subscription Plans are assigned to Channels on the Endavo platform.
Follow these steps to get a basic SVOD service started:
- If you haven't done so already, you must have your Payment Gateway set up and activated in order to create any subscription (or transactional) plan in your EMMS account (Settings > Payment Gateway > Connect with Stripe). Click here to learn more.
- Create your Subscription Plan (Plans > Subscription Plans > Add New). Click Here to learn more.
- Add a Subscription Plan to each Channel you want to be included in the plan (Channels > Edit Channel > Choose "Available For" > Members with Subscriptions > Choose Subscription Plan > Done/Save). For newly created channels, select Available For Members with Subscription when you create the channel.
- Once you add a Subscription Plan to all the Channels included in your plan, any content you add to channels under the plan will be restricted to subscribers. If you want to add free promotional or "freemium" content to a subscription channel, you can make it free by checking "Free Media" in the Media Item (Media Items > Edit Media > ☑️ Free Media > Done/Save).
- That's it. Now you've created an SVOD service and now can keep building your content library and subscribers! 🚀
Please note, there are advanced options for creating multiple subscription plans, including individual (a la carte) channel subscriptions, subscription bundles (packs), multiple subscription tiers, and rental options for individual videos or live events (allow subscribers rental access or not allow).